caterpillar

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sun May 16 07:11:42 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, I watched a Clouded Sulphur ovipositing in the front yard...and I managed to find an egg.  Last night, the caterpillar emerged!

Continuing to see numerous Tiger Swallowtails all around the area, as well as Cabbage Whites and Clouded Sulphurs.  Saw a dark swallowtail flying yesterday--I could see a fair amount of blue, expect it was a Spicebush.  Also saw a small orange lep--flying very quickly away from me--probably a Pearl Crescent.

Loads of common milkweed, a fair amount of butterfly weed, and a bit of swamp milkweed coming up nicely.  Hoping for Monarchs this year...

Diane Adams
Chester