A butterfly in the snow

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Wed Apr 20 09:59:36 EDT 2005

Well, this is not about CT either, but last June 19th I was up in the Quebec Laurentides; the season was very abnormally late; the temps were barely out of the high 40's, it was overcast, winds were gusting up around or over 30 MPH. I was in a large bog about 80 miles north of Quebec City at elevation of approx. 2,500 ft. The sun came out, the black flies started to appear, and then fresh Freija Fritillaries appeared as well, zipping around the bog...So you never know what even a little sun will do...

Further north of there, they actually WILL be flying even before the snow is gone...

Alex