"Cherry Gall" Azure

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 19:32:50 EST 2005

Hi Everybody,

I just received the December, 2005 issue of The Taxonomic Report and see
that species of Azure we have been calling the "Cherry Gall" Azure has been
described as a new species to science, Celastrina serotina Pavulaan  & Wright,
2005.

While I have not yet had a chance to go through the paper carefully,  because
it just arrived in today's mail, I did review it quickly and want to  commend
the authors, Harry Pavulaan and David Wright, on a job well done.

Lenny Brown

PS- The authors propose that the common name "Late Spring Azure" be used  for
this species, to distinguish it from the "Spring Azure" and  the  "Summer
Azure".