"Cherry Gall" Azure

Steve Walter SWalter at nyc.rr.com
Mon Dec 12 21:29:21 EST 2005

Actually, the one in the New Jersey Pine Barrens is a "Mid-Late-Spring
Smaller Azure". This one is a "Mid-Late-Spring Mid-Size Azure". Seriously,
established usage usually counts for something. I've been using the name
Cherry Gall Azure since David Wright introduced me to that name over 10
years ago -- a period of time during which I was unable to find the ring on
the neck of a Ring-necked Duck. But I still call them that.

Steve W.