sightings & stuff

jhimmel at comcast.net jhimmel at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 19:54:12 EDT 2005

Okay, Diane - thanks for the gentle prodding...

About 14 people showed up at the CBA Bent of the River sanctuary in
Southbury today.  It was a nice group of people - fun to be afield with.
This area is really one CT's treasures and the Longstreths do a great job of
keeping it that way.

While we looked at anything that crawled or flew, these are the butterflies
we saw -

Black Swallowtail
Clouded Sulphurs
Orange Sulphurs
Some American Coppers
Coral Hairstreaks
A Banded Hairstreak
Hickory Hairstreaks (about a half a dozen)
Eastern Tailed Blues
Great Spangled Fritilaries
Pearl Crescents
Eastern Commas
Red Admirals
Brown sp.
Little Wood Satyr
Common Wood Nymphs (about a thousand bazillion)
Silver-spotted Skippers
A Duskywing sp.
A Least Skipper
Northern Broken Dashes
Little Glassywings
Delaware Skippers (about 8 or so)
Dun Skippers (quite a few)

Noticeably absent - Monarchs

Best -

John

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT
jhimmel at comcast.net

"Discovering Moths, Nighttime Jewels in Your Own Yard"
Go to: http://booksandnature.homestead.com/DiscoveringMothspage.html

Visit my other websites at:
  www.johnhimmelman.com
  www.connecticutmoths.com