Fresh Meadows Sanctuary, Cheshire

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Sat Jun 11 14:13:16 EDT 2005

On Saturday, June 11th, I visited Fresh Meadows Sanctuary and found 20
species of butterflies.  The list for the day is as follows:

Cabbage White (8)
Clouded Sulphur (3)
Orange Sulphur (1)
Eastern Tailed Blue (3)
Pearl Crescent (7)
Anglewing sp. (1)
American Lady (4)
Little Wood Satyr (48)
Common Ringlet (8)
Hoary Edge (1) (My first of the year)
Northern Cloudywing (1)
Wild Indigo Duskywing (4)
Least Skipper (7) (My first of the year)
European Skipper (25) (My first of the year)
Indian Skipper (1)
Peck's Skipper (45)
Tawny-edged Skipper (20)
Hobomok Skipper (8) (7 males and 1 female)
Zabulon Skipper (1)  (My first of the year)
Dusted Skipper (5)

For those of you who are not familiar with this site, Fresh Meadows
Sanctuary is located on Cook Hill Rd. in Cheshire approximately 1/2 mile east of  Rt.
10.  The parking area is on the north side of the street.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford