upcoming events

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sun May 8 13:53:37 EDT 2005

Hi All!

I'm starting to feel a little guilty promoting events that proceed to get rained out!!  Our field trip season is not off to a great start.  But we'll keep trying.  And Clay Taylor has thoughtfully included a rain date for his upcoming field trip.

Saturday May 28, 9 AM, Pleasant Valley, Lyme, and East Haddam Hotspots!  Rain date Sunday May 29.  This trip meets at the commuter lot in Old Lyme off I-95.  Visit ctbutterfly.org for more info/directions!

Just got a postcard in the mail about a non-CBA event.  The CT Audobon Center at Fairfield is celebrating the grand opening of its new Live Butterfly and Insect Atrium.  There will be a naturalist guided walk, exhibits of insect bahavior, habitat, life history, and a lecture by our own John Himmeman.  Admission is $5 members, $6 non-members--for info, email Ann Mele (Meles at optonline.net).

And, just got the field day flyer from John--this year's field day will be Saturday June 18 at Kellogg Environmental Center in Derby.  Rick Cech will speak on "Butterflies and their Plants" and Clay Taylor will present on getting the most from your digital camera.  Field trips will include "Clay's Digital Safari", after which we'll have a powerpoint presentation of photos taken. (Note--member's night in the fall will involve a look at members' photos!)  Also, plant & book sale & crafts for kids.  Expect more info as the date approaches; the flyer should appear on the website soon.

And I hear that nicer weather is coming!

Diane