Fresh Meadows Sanctuary, Cheshire

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Sat May 21 17:05:29 EDT 2005

Saturday, 5/21- A visit to the above referenced site turned up he following
butterflies:

Spicebush Swallowtail (1)
Cabbage White (16)
Clouded Sulphur (11)
Orange Sulphur (1) (my first of the year)
American Copper (1)
Pearl Crescent (8)
American Lady (4)
Juvenal's Duskywing (3)
Wild Indigo Duskywing (1) (very  fresh) (my first of the year)
Tawny-edged Skipper (5) (my first of the year)

On the way home, I stopped at Valley Service Rd. in North Haven where I not
only found a very worn Spring Azure, but also a very fresh violacea  type
Azure. Based on the date of the sighting, coupled with the fact that the  Azure
was found in a poor soil area with numerous cherry trees, I am calling it  a
"Cherry Gall" Azure.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford