activities

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Tue May 31 15:07:10 EDT 2005

First, a big thank you to Clay Taylor for leading the first official (not rained out) CBA field trip of 2005!  We visited Pleasant Valley, Lyme, and Echo Farms in Moodus, and saw numerous butterflies.  Lots of Pearl Crescents, Little Wood Satyrs, Tiger Swallowtail, Spicebush Swallowtail, skippers that I can't remember, Eastern Tailed Blue, Common Ringlet, Baltimore Checkerspot larva... Clay would have to give you the complete report (as well as the bird list!)

On Thursday, in Essex, not a CBA event, but our own John Himmelman will be presenting "Discovering Moths--Nighttime Jewels in Your Own Back Yard" for Potopaug Audubon at 7:30 at the Essex Town Hall.  The listing in the Main Street News says Free door prizes & Refreshments served :-)  For more info, call 399-6400.

More reminders about Field Day coming soon--info is up at www.ctbutterfly.org!

Diane