No subject

Henry Golet htg1523 at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 3 16:43:28 EDT 2005

I was  outside this morning to deadhead my buddleia and saw a LEONARD'S nearby on the verbena so I went back in the house to get my camera.  As I stepped back out the door a CLOUDLESS SULPHUR  came into the yard stopped in the garden lighting on two yellow zinnias and a yellow squash flower all within about 5 seconds and away it flew.  I did manage to relocate the Leonard's and get a few shots of it.  With the Cloudless that I reported yesterday and one that I had seen the previous day in Rhode island plus today in my yard it looks like there could be a few around.   Others in the yard mostly on verbena but a few on the zinnias were;

Cab White
American Lady
Painted Lady
Pearl Cresent
Silver Spotted Skipper
Pecks
Tawny Edge
Great Spangled Fritillary ( which seemed to prefer the buddleia)

Drove to Old Lyme Landscaping to check the zinnia cut flower garden (that is the only flower they have this year in the cut garden) and found 3 Monarchs and 25+ Ladies.  Both kinds were present and I didn't sort them out but will say, the Americans in my yard were all fresh.

Hank Golet