Program of Interest & Lighthouse Point report

Dori Sosensky dori.sosensky at snet.net
Thu Sep 8 22:46:59 EDT 2005

We continue to see at least on Cloudless Sulphur at LHPP, both Ladies, Wild
Indigo Duskywing, Monarchs.  Richard English reported a Meadow Fritillary
after I left today.

I was asked to forward this information

Subject: Tim New is coming...Sept 27- UMASS-Amherst

    Please forward to anyone interested in insect conservation.

     Dr. Tim New (aka T.R. New...aka the father of insect Conservation in
Australia, ie...author of over 400 publications and books) is coming to give a
night seminar on Tues Sept 27, 2005 at 7:30pm-8:30 pm at Fernald Hall, UMASS-
Amherst. His talk will be on Advancing insect conservation in Australia. This
talk is free and open to anyone of interest.

     A number of us are planning to do dinner beforehand at 5:30pm...location
to be announced-- (based on how much interest). And weather permitting-- we
are thinking of doing black light trapping at Montague Plains afterwards since
Dave Wagner and maybe Michael Singer will be coming up for the talk. Tim New
is interested in doing dinner and blacklighting as well so should be a fun
night.

    I would love a good turnout for this... as our department doesn't do a lot
of insect conservation seminars. I am excited that Tim is able to stick around
to do this.

      If interested in dinner just send me an email to :
boettner at psis.umass.edu

     We should be fine on seating if you want to come to the talk or black
light at the last minute (but RSVP is helpful if you think you are coming).

     Sincerely,

     Jeff Boettner
     Plant,Soil and Insect Science
     115 Ag Eng. Bldg.