Monarch problems

jhimmel at comcast.net jhimmel at comcast.net
Thu Sep 22 14:36:21 EDT 2005

I am looking for some advice.  I have tons of Monarch butterflies sucking
all the nectar from my buddleas.  I am afraid their selfish gluttony will
dehydrate these shrubs - which I paid good money for!  Is there something I
can do to keep all these butterflies from sucking the fauna dry?

Hey, wasn't this supposed to be a lousy year for Monarchs?  They're passing
through today like I'm running some kind of nectar depot.  Good to see - and
wish I'd grabbed some tags from Richard.  Last year I couldn't even finish a
sheet of 20.

Keep an eye out for Long-tailed Skippers.  This is about when I had one in
my yard and with all those storms blowing up from the south, you never
know...

John

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT
jhimmel at comcast.net

"Discovering Moths, Nighttime Jewels in Your Own Yard"
Go to: http://booksandnature.homestead.com/DiscoveringMothspage.html

Visit my other websites at:
  www.johnhimmelman.com
  www.connecticutmoths.com