Lighthouse additions

Dori Sosensky dori.sosensky at snet.net
Sat Sep 24 23:27:56 EDT 2005

Sorry for the late post, busy day.

After Carol left LHPP, we also had a Variegated Fritillary up by the Hawk
Watch (pretty sure this is not the same individual as the previously
reported one, this one was brighter), a Cloudless Sulphur and a Sachem
(confirmed by Lenny Brown).

Long-tailed Skipper
Sachem
Fiery Skipper
Ocola Skipper
Cloudless Sulphur
Variegated Fritillary

One big, fat Monarch caterpillar on the butterfly weed.  Also the hawk
watchers report Monarchs streaming through as early as 7 a.m. Could have
easily been a hundred + individuals today.

Just to round out the list, Lenny and I also had a Eastern Tailed  Blue.

What a day for LHPP.

Also had a Monarch on my Cosmos.  Never seen one on Cosmos before.

Dori