skippers in Westport

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Wed Aug 16 08:28:29 EDT 2006

In Westport yesterday (8/15), on my mother's buddleia, saw the usual assortment of Monarchs, a Tiger Swallowtail or two, a few Cabbage Whites, a couple of Silver-Spotted Skippers, a couple of Peck's Skippers, and at least two skippers that I wasn't 100% sure of...

One type I only saw from above, and my impression was that they were Fiery Skippers--a lot of glowing orange--is it the right time for them?

The other type I got a good look at from the side and then went to check out Glassberg.  It sure looked like a Clouded Skipper--white markings up top, light shading to outer parts of wings--again, is it the right time?

Diane