sightings & reminder

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 09:09:09 EDT 2006

Checked out the butterfly garden at Hammonasset again yesterday--there were probably fewer than a dozen Monarchs when I arrived--it was a bit breezy, but closer to 20 when I left.  Also,
1 Black Swallowtail
20 Cabbage Whites
2 Azures (actually on the nature trail)
2 Broadwing Skippers
5 American Ladies
5 Orange Sulphurs
1 Gray Hairstreak (got all excited when I saw the orange stripe--thought I was finally seeing one of those Red-Banded Hairstreaks that everyone's been talking about.  But when I checked the guide, it was clearly a Gray)
and several clearwing moths

Don't forget!  If the weather holds, meet at 10 AM at the intersection of Mulberry Point Rd. and Mulberry Farms Rd. in Guilford!

Diane