Chaffinch revisited

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Tue Jul 25 21:01:12 EDT 2006

Okay, after Lenny Brown gave me very explicit directions, I decided to give Chaffinch one more chance.  My daughter and I went there at noon today.  We saw several Monarchs, some of which were taking runs at the boat channel.  I saw something near one of the Monarchs at the shoreline, which turned out to be a Question Mark, then I headed for the area by the telephone pole and waited...
Looking up--success!  My first ever American Snouts!  Well, at least I think I saw two, fairly high up, possibly mating.  But I waited a little longer and one did come down to my eye level, so that I was able to make a positive ID.

Still haven't seen those Emperors, though!

Diane