duskywings

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sun May 7 16:21:53 EDT 2006

Spent yesterday with my daughter at the Girl Scout camp in Lebanon, CT.  Along with a Cabbage White, a Tiger Swallowtail, and probably a Spicebush Swallowtail (seen at a distance), I also saw 3-4 Duskywings.  Netted one to check, sure looked like a Juvenal's.

Today, on the way home, a Tiger Swallowtail greeted us just outside the Colchester Bakery.

At home, a Cabbage White and a Spring Azure.  Saw another small blue butterfly, but it took off, flying very high.  Was that likely to have been an azure or an Eastern Tailed Blue?

Diane Adams
back home in Chester

From: Lemmon <lemmon at snet.net>