SIghting and caterpillar question

Robin Matterfis madisonmontessori at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 22 09:03:25 EDT 2006

Good Morning All,

  Saw one Eastern Tiger Swallowtail fly through my yard Sunday afternoon.

  I captured a caterpillar from a red maple back on May 4th.  It is the color of the red maple leaf and it was about an 1/8 inch long at the time. It has grown to about 1/2 - 3/4".  It looks like it will be in its chrysalis anyday.  I've been searching for an ID on it, but can't find any pictures that match.  Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?  Do you need more of a description?

  Thanks,
  Robin Matterfis