November monarch eclosure

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Wed Nov 1 15:26:35 EST 2006

The monarch caterpillar that I found and brought in to raise on Columbus day
eclosed today. What a beauty, I was so happy I could release it on a sunny
warm day. Until now, I'd thought that the November Monarchs that I've seen were
migrants from up north. Now I believe that many may be new local eclosures.
That would explain why most all seem so fresh.

I also spotted three other monarchs. Unfortunately one was being eaten by a
praying mantis.

Also
Cabbage white
clouded sulphur
and a CLOUDLESS Sulphur that returned twice to nectar on verbena.