Thurs. sightings

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 08:24:28 EDT 2006

Well, during a warm, sunny moment yesterday, I let the Spicebush Swallowtail go.  It flew up over the house.  When I went around the house to see if it had found the remnants of goldenrod, I didn't actually find it again, but as I was looking up to see if it was still on the roof, I saw a Monarch circling.  Also saw another Monarch down the road yesterday--almost missed it, as it was flying amidst falling leaves!

Not very optimistic about the Spicebush's chances, having been outside this morning, but I don't think it would have done all that well inside, either.  It showed no interest in the sugar water I placed in the enclosure.

Diane
in Chester