fwd black form E. Tiger Swallowtail

jhimmel at comcast.net jhimmel at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 22:56:35 EDT 2007

I've only seen it once in CT - in my yard in Killingworth, about 6-7 years
ago.  They're not common in these parts, my guess is because the Batesian
"mimickee" - Pipevine Swallowtail, is not common here.

I just got back from the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, where about a
third of the Tigers were "Black Tigers".  But there were more Pipevines in
the mix there.

John

John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT