Tawny Emperor

Hank Golet htg1523 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 8 21:54:09 EDT 2007

I guess it pays to stay around your yard if you have a good nectaring source.  Around 6 PM I found a TAWNY EMPEROR on one of my buddleia bushes.  I planted two hackberry trees,their larval host plant, in my yard  some years ago after seeing a Tawny in my yard then and they are now 15 feet high so here's hoping.
  Also,my grandson found a stange looking (to me) caterpillar  while picking blueberries in my little patch and thanks to Dave Wagner's, Caterpillars of the Northeast, I was able to ID it as a Morning Glory Prominent (Schizura ipomoeae).
  Pictures of both or either if you want them.
Hank Golet. Old Lyme