Chester & Madison sightings

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 13:23:27 EDT 2007

Two first-of-the-year sightings for me:

Yesterday (6/27) in my backyard in Chester, a Great Spangled Fritillary.  Also, a garter snake curled up on the branch of a shrub.  Thought that was a bit odd.

Today, in the parking lot of the Audubon Shop in Madison, our first Monarch.  As usual, my daughter saw it before I did.  She was ovipositing on a milkweed bud.

A quick stop at Hammo yielded only Cabbage Whites.  A few quick glimpses of dark leps whizzing past--possibly Ladies, but I couldn't tell.

Diane