Walden observations

RChyinski at aol.com RChyinski at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 16:17:28 EDT 2007

Some observations while mowing at Walden Preserve.

FOTY: Wood Nymph, Little Glassywing, Northern Pearly Eye (5-6) First ones I
have seen at Walden.

New Broods: Little Wood Satyr, Angle Wings, Comma I/D' ed,  Question  Mark
most likely,  American Copper, If one fresh individual is a  brood.

Red Admiral: Large Numbers 20+ with 3 females ovipositing on Nettle.

"Summer" Hairstreaks: None.  Milkweed is in full bloom but no  Hairstreaks

Skippers: Only I/D' ed 2 Euro and Glassywing and the number of Euros is  down
from previous years.

Rich Chyinski