Another Pipevine Swallowtail

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Fri Oct 5 15:53:20 EDT 2007

This afternoon nectaring on impatiens in my Niantic backyard

A Pipevine Swallowtail, second here this year...

They must be expanding their range due to either the warm weather or drought.

The first that I saw was definitely a male on Sept 13. Today's may have been
a female. It was hard to tell as she never stopped fluttering her wings.
However, I could definitely see the singe row of large orange spots on the
underside.

Maryann in Niantic (hoping for eggs on her Pipevine plant!!)