Sachem

htg1523 at att.net htg1523 at att.net
Sun Oct 14 14:15:18 EDT 2007

10/14   Sachem Skipper in Old Lyme Landscape around noon today.  Also there was an American Lady there that did not have the white spot in the orange on the forewing.

 Cech and Tudor-Butterflies of the East Coast says "Note a single isolated white dot on an orange background at the midpoint of the outer forewing;  while not always present, it is distinctive when seen.

I remember reading this before so I was aware of it ,,just not sure if I have seen it.  This was not a worn bug so not as if the spot had just faded.  I have a picture if anyone wants to see it.

Hank Golet