Old Saybrook & Haddam Meadows

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sat Sep 29 18:58:27 EDT 2007

Stopped by Saybrook Point this afternoon in search of tagging.  It was pretty windy--didn't see any Monarchs, which probably explains the lack of taggers.  I did see a couple of Cabbage Whites, a couple of Orange Sulphurs, and a couple of skippers--looked like a worn Fiery and possibly a Sachem.

Then we swung up to Haddam Meadows to get milkweed for our last three Monarch caterpillars--again, Cabbage Whites, and several Sulphurs--didn't see any up close, appeared to be both Clouded and Orange.

Diane
on the road