Chaffinch Is. Park Butterfly Sightings

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Sat Aug 9 16:05:37 EDT 2008

Saturday, 8/9- After visiting Broken Arrow Nursery in Hamden with Bill
Banks, in the afternoon I drove down to Chaffinch Is. Park in Guilford where I
found the following species of butterflies:

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (1)
Cabbage White (1)
Summer Azure (1)
American Snout (1)
Question Mark (2)
Tawny Emperor (1)
Broad -winged Skipper (3)

The American Snout and Tawny Emperor were found in the spot where  Hackberry
Emperors are traditionally found.  The Tawny Emperor landed on a  flat rock
and was basking in the sun, thereby allowing me to confirm the  identification.
I didn't see any Hackberry Eemperors today; presumably  they are between
broods and will emerge in the next 1-2 weeks.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford

Read reviews on AOL Autos.