hairstreaks/Westport sightings 8/15

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 12:18:57 EDT 2008

I just visited my mother in Westport yesterday, and I saw a Red Banded Hairstreak too!

Also
at least 10 Monarchs
3 Red Admirals
1 Red Spotted Purple
several Zabulon Skippers--noted several females sitting and fluttering while males flew around them--mating behavior?
10 Cabbage Whites
1 clearwing moth
1 Silver Spotted Skipper
1 Painted Lady
MANY little skippers--don't think I ID'd them all, but I'm fairly certain I saw Fiery, Peck's and Tawny-Edged
also Azure and/or ETB--didn't get a close look at either, but one was flying pretty high, and one was sticking close to a hedge

Diane

From: <biobrand at comcast.net>