Macricostas 7/13

Peary Stafford pstaff at pipeline.com
Sun Jul 13 19:31:06 EDT 2008

	In addition to the "usual suspects", including about 30 Baltimores,
we had a wonderful treat today in the form of a fresh Dion Skipper at
Macricostas!  This is particularly cool for me as there was a note of
a voucher in 1960 from Washington in the historical data sent to me
by David Wagner that sort of whetted my appetite.
	The Dion was nectaring on Swamp milkweed and flew from plant to
plant like it owned the place.  I'll certainly be on the lookout for more now.

Peary