Return to Wapowog + Machimoodus SP

Clay Taylor ctaylor at att.net
Sun May 25 13:30:44 EDT 2008

Hi all -

The copious sunshine and a break between the Grand Prix of Monaco and the Indianapolis 500 (did I say I love this time of year?) prompted me to pop into Wapowog at about 12:15pm, then hit Machimoodus S.P. (the Park Formerly Known as Echo Farm) on the way home.

There were multiple Wild Indigo Duskywings playing on the dirt road and puddles, but no sign of yesterday's Juvie.  My FOTY Little Wood-Satyr , a Spicebush Swallowtail, and a few ETBs rounded out the butterfly list.  I was expecting to see more.

Machimoodus was breezy, but still warm.   Clouded Sulphurs were numerous, and there was a Tiger Swallowtail flying over the pond.   There were at least two Baltimore Checkerspot caterpillers already munching on the English Plantain on the upper field by the buildings, and there I also found my FOTY Tawny-edged Skipper perching on Red Clover.   Cool.

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT
ctaylor at att.net