Reminder - walks in Madison and Farmington this weekend

Roy Zartarian royz at royzartarian.com
Thu Jul 9 21:05:55 EDT 2009

*July 11, 2009 (Saturday)
10 AM
Hill-Stead Museum, Farmington
*Leaders: Diane Tucker and Roy Zartarian

This is an annual event at Hill-Stead which offers a rich habitat in central
Connecticut for a variety of butterfly species. Completed in 1901,
Hill-Stead is a 152-acre, 10-building museum and a National Historic
Landmark.See the special areas at Hill-Stead where Monarch butterflies live
and breed. $3 members, $5 members-to-be.

Directions: Take Exit 39, I-84 East or West. Follow Route 4 West. Turn left
onto Route 10 South. At first traffic light, turn left onto Mountain Road.
Museum entrance is 1/4 mile up the hill on the left.

*July 11, 2009 (Saturday) (Rain date: Sun. July 12)
10 AM
Bauer Park, Madison
*Leaders: Diane Adams (860) 526-1993/ButterflyPR at comcast.net, Gary Lemmon
(203) 488-7813/lemmon at snet.net

Bauer Farm was established by the Bauer family 100 years ago. In 1990, the
64.5 acre property was donated to the town of Madison. It includes ponds,
meadows, woodlands, and rock outcroppings, as well as a nature center
offering educational programs, community gardens, and trails. This will be
our first CBA trip there, and we’re eager to see what we can find flying
there!

Directions: from I-95, exit 61, head north approximately .1 mile on Route
79. Take a left onto Hunter’s Trail. Proceed to the end (less than one mile)
and turn right onto Copse Road. The center, with parking, is immediately on
the left. Meet in the parking area.