Little Yellow at Myrtle Beach

Stephen Spector charsjs at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 17:07:27 EDT 2010

>From Steve & Charla Spector:
8 August 2010 -- Myrtle Beach, Milford CT -- Little Yellow

After checking the Piping Plovers (all have now fledged), we found the Little
Yellow again, once more nectaring on what we take as Knapweed, along with Common
Sootywing, Least Skipper, Pearl Crescents, Common Buckeye, American Lady, many
Monarchs, Cabbage Whites.  Unlike Frank Mantlik we had a camera, but we have no
picture (SS worst photographer in New Haven County).  We think the Little
Yellow(s) have been at this spot at least since we first saw them on 22 July
2010.  They are in and among the pilings for the boardwalk just east of
Nettleton Creek, the border bewteen Silver Sands State Park and Walnut Beach
area.

 charsjs at sbcglobal.net