Pipevine Swtail

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Sun Jul 25 18:23:13 EDT 2010

7/25
There was a male Pipevine on the Verbena in my yard in Old Lyme this morning.  I cannot be certain this is the same individual I have seen previously but it is was really worn.
  On the morning of the 20th I could locate 8 of the remaining 20 pipevine caterpillars I had seen the day before.  They were real lethagic, not eating and not moving hardly at all and,, they were large.  By late afternoon I could not find any.  All hanging in their chrysalis somewhere by now I hope

Hank Golet