moths

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Tue May 4 10:01:21 EDT 2010

Just dropped my daughter off at school and heard there were moths in her classroom:

Maryann was kind enough to give me some Cecropia cocoons, and I gave most of them to my daughter's teacher. The first one emerged this morning! It was one with skinny antennae--someone please remind me, male or female?

When I was looking at it, I happened to notice that there was also a month in her screened cage. I knew it was familiar, but I couldn't quite remember, so I quickly popped onto John Himmelman's website, and there it was--a Polyphemus!

Diane
at Chester Elementary