Pipevines this past weekend

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 17:58:32 EDT 2010

Just a quick note that while birding in a couple of locations in the heat of this past weekend I ran across some decent butterflies.  At Allen's Meadow in Wilton on Saturday there was a Pipevine Swallowtail in their community garden along with some Fiery Skippers and a half dozen other species.  Yesterday, while searching for birds with Jay Kaplan around the bird blind between Willard's Island and the nature center parking lot at Hammonasset, we found another Pipevine Swallowtail along with a half dozen other species including a photogenic Gray Hairstreak.  Better butterflies than birds in both locations!

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT