More Giants

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 6 15:33:17 EDT 2011

Just a note, I went back for more Giants today with my friend Jay Kaplan.  We saw several at the Hollenbeck location noted below.  The DeGennaros mentioned they had seen some at the Miles Sanctuary location noted in a previous post (which is off of CT 126, by the way) but by the time we got there it was a bit cloudy and not as active.

We did, however, get another one on Lower Road in North Canaan.  This is the road off US 7 that goes to the Beckley Furnace museum and there is a winery on it as well.  We had one crossing the road about 1/2 west of the Furnace museum.  It landed in a hedgerow about 75 yards off the road in a field and few vigorously on thistles, allowing excellent views.

The weather being grayer than yesterday, not nearly as much butterfly activity, just glad we were able to see a couple today.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT