Canaan Giants continue + Derby Sachem

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Sat Aug 6 21:09:56 EDT 2011

Peter,

We were there yesterday also...Many Giants along Sand Road near the quarry and elsewhere...

Actually, best time to get good photos (or specimens if you use a net) is during the morning hours before the high sun and the high heat of the day when they are nectaring (or puddling) before the afternoon mating exercises...9:30AM until ~ 11:00 to 11:30AM...This is actually true for ALL of the Heraclides Swallowtails (i.e. the Giant group)...

Alex