Field trip report- CBA field trip to Guilford-a correction

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Mon Aug 22 20:16:14 EDT 2011

I have a correction to the field trip report I posted on Saturday,  8/20.

After a number of us studied the photographs of the satyrid we found at
Spencer Creek Preserve, we have concluded that it was a Northern Pearly Eye
(Enodia anthedon), and not an Appalachian Brown (Satyrodes  appalachia) as
orginally reported.

This is the second consecutive year Northern Pearly Eye was on an unusually
 late date.

A Northern Pearly Eye was also reported in CT on September 11, 2010.

It will be interesting to see if Northern Pearly Eye appears unusually
late dates in 2012.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford