Broad-winged explosion, possible Mulberry Wing

Janis LaPointe sunbirdjan at cox.net
Wed Jul 20 20:24:11 EDT 2011

The gardens behind the Enfield Senior Center have become progressively more productive.
For the past few days there have been three to four Broad-winged Skippers.   Today, there were 12 to 20.    Lots in two different sections, one area of Broad-winged's was similar to the many Pearl Crescents at our feet on Saturday's trip at Flaherty Field.
Also
Easter Tiger Swallowtail
Great Spangled Fritillary
Silver-spotted Skipper
Two Snowberry Moths
And, pictured below, possible Mulberry Wing.   I am a novice with LBJ skippers, so I would appreiate any different opinions on the ID.   This butterfly was in a different area, on a different plant type surrounded only by bees.    Noticeable was the white face, black antena clubs and the overall dark color with bright yellow on HW.   This was the best photo I could get beause of the strong breeze constantly blowing the flowers.   I'll be back tomorrow after teaching a class at the Center in the morning.    Click on photo to enlarge.
Janis LaPointe
Enfield,CT

     You are invited to view 117092190369845155893's photo album: Jul 20, 2011
              Jul 20, 2011
            Jul 20, 2011
            by 117092190369845155893
            View Album
            Play slideshow

      Message from 117092190369845155893:
      mulbury wing
      If you are having problems viewing this email, copy and paste the following into your browser:
      https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=117092190369845155893&target=ALBUM&id=5631586866616868577&authkey=Gv1sRgCMS52PH04N3i2gE&invite=CNGzg7QL&feat=email
      To share your photos or receive notification when your friends share photos, get your own free Picasa Web Albums account.