Niantic butterflies

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Mon Oct 31 21:16:51 EDT 2011

I hope that you all in the rest of the state are safe after the huge storm
this weekend.
I can see by the news that some parts of CT are completely without power
still.

We fared well here in SECT mostly rain...very fortunate.

While cleaning the garden Sunday, I saw a Cabbage white and a Sulphur.  Odd
that they lasted through the cold and I worried about what they would
nectar on. Only a few Verbena Bonariensis are surviving and the White Buttefly
bush was severly frosted this morning.

I still have 33 pipevine caterpillars in my bedroom, and I hope I can
continue to to protect the Pipevine plant so I can provide enough food for them
to pupate.

I also have 10 Monarch Chrysalises from very late eggs. If they eclose they
will emerge into quite an unfriendly environment.

Maryann in Niantic</HTML>