Butterfly movement, Milford

Stephen Spector charsjs at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 17 13:38:38 EDT 2012

>From Steve and Charla Spector:

17 April 2012 -- just noting a strong butterfly movement while we were monitoring Piping Plover at Milford Point.  In about 90 minutes (from 10:30 AM- noon) we saw about 30 butterflies cross the sandbars.   (No doubt there were many more around but we were mainly birding)  All were coming from the open Sound and heading on shore.  Most seemed to be anglewings, but all were orange and black/brown--none rested for inspection.  Back near the CACC saw them still moving inland.

charsjs at sbcglobal.net