[Ctleps-l] Mystery butterfly enfield

Janis LaPointe sunbirdjan at cox.net
Wed Aug 8 13:30:39 EDT 2012

The independent conclusions of our experts from both Mass and CT is that the butterfly is a Least Skipper.    Thank you to all who helped with this ID.  Most pointed to the wing shape and shaded area the butterfly was in.    Today, I went looking again, and this time I saw a tiny, obviously yellow butterfly near the same location.   No brown butterfly today.   Tuesday did not see any candidates in the area.   Monday (the day I took the photos), I never saw the butterfly with open wings.    Today's candidate was in flight and looking more like the color of a least.
Janis LaPoinet
Enfield