[Ctleps-l] assorted Niantic butterflies

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Thu Aug 16 23:59:37 EDT 2012

Well, this has certainly been a good year for me in my Niantic Garden.

I don't know if it's the rain lately, combined with the humidity, or
what...but the butterflies have been numerous.

I adopted two beehives this year and I've noticed that when the bees are
very active the butterflies are also nectaring like crazy.

Tuesday 8/14
Red-Banded Hairstreak at McCooks Hole-in -the wall
very fresh and nectaring on Mountain Mint

Today in my garden
Return of the Giant Swallowtail
Nectaring on Zinnias this time
Also the usuals
American and Painted Ladies
Female Black Swallowtail ovipositing
Tiger Swallowtails
American Copper
Many Monarchs
Grey Hairstreak nectaring on Black and Blue Salvia
Question Mark
Red Admirals
Cabbage Whites
Clouded Sulphurs
and many Skippers...some Sachems for sure

Maryann in Niantic
</HTML>