[Ctleps-l] Niantic butterflies

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Sun Aug 19 15:28:12 EDT 2012

In my Niantic yard today

WHITE M Hairstreak nectaring on mint

Red-banded Hairstreak nectaring on Zinnia

Flyby Cloudless Sulphur (obvious though)

Male Pipevine Swallowtail, must certainly one of my releases from eggs I
found earlier this summer on Pipevine plant.

I felt like I had moved South.

No Giant yet today, but all the usual daily visitors. Both ladies, many
Monarchs, Skippers galore and at least a gajillion honyeybees.

Mint flowers are attracting such a diverse bunch of creatures. They are
loved by American coppers as well as hairstreaks.

Maryann in Niantic</HTML>