[Ctleps-l] Monarch tagging

David Cappaert cappaert at comcast.net
Sat Jul 28 13:07:39 EDT 2012

All: I am hoping to have 100 or so monarchs by mid-Sept, to tag and release
with 1st graders at our school. So I am starting to rear in a large
enclosure, using whatever females I can catch. For some reason, most of the
adults I've encountered are males. If you know of a site near Hartford where
I might have good luck finding females or eggs/larvae, I'd be interested. My
main site at the moment is in Newington, a field filled with milkweed. A few
photos of non-monarchs on milkweed on my regular
<https://picasaweb.google.com/DavidCappaert/ESMAtMaryHookerBiologicalObserva
tionsVol2?authuser=0&feat=directlink> photo gallery.

DAVID CAPPAERT
734-635 7750
 <mailto:cappaert at comcast.net> cappaert at comcast.net

Mary M Hooker Environmental Sciences Magnet School
440 Broadview Terrace
Hartford, CT 06106
FAX 860 522-7590

  _____