[Ctleps-l] Gungy Powerline

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Sun Jun 3 18:53:29 EDT 2012

6/3
Species seen in Lyme, Gungy powerline this morning.

Spicebush SwTail
Orange Sulphur
Am Copper
Am Lady
Red Spotted Purple
L Wood Satyr
Southern Cloudywing
Northern Cloudywing

On Hackberry trees  at my yard in Old Lyme today, 47 Mourning Cloak caterpillars in one group eating and leaving nothing behind..  I did not search for Tawny Emperor larvae today but have been seeing  them since 5/19.   A couple weeks ago I had seen both Red Admirals and Question Marks on Stinging Nettle also in my yard.  The admiral was definitely laying eggs,,the Question Mark I'm not sure. There are  many leaves curled up and skeletonized. ( is that a word).

Hank Golet