[Ctleps-l] Fwd: [MassLep ] Hike & Hunt for Hessel's Hairstreak / Wilbraham 6/2

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Sat May 26 15:34:46 EDT 2012

I visited a white cedar bog on the North Shore of Boston yesterday afternoon. The highbush blueberry flowers are LONG GONE - even up here...completely gone, no evidence of them at this time. I would say it is too late for Hessel's.....

The thing is: Considering this "early" year, with White M's flying in early April (and at least one seen in March) in the region, would it be possible to see a partial SECOND brood of Hessel's this year in southern New England?

Alex