[Ctleps-l] Niantic butterflies

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Tue May 29 21:19:28 EDT 2012

Monday
One Monarch

Many and various skippers have started to fill my yard

Still seeing dark from question Marks and American Ladies passing through.

Have released about 6 Pipevine Swallowtails that overwintered. One was a
really small Male. I guess he was pushed into chrysalis early last fall when I
ran out of food due to frost. He was so cute!  Saw a dark butterfly around
the Pipevine plant today but no evidence of egglaying yet.

Released a perfect Silver Spotted Skipper on Sunday. I found the
caterpillar on a bean plant last fall.  I see him bombing around the yard everyday.

My Rue plants are ready and waiting for Giant Swallowtails.

Oh, exciting news...I now have two beehives in the back corner of my yard.

Maryann in Niantic

</HTML>