[Ctleps-l] Butterfly sightings- Fresh Meadows Sanctuary, Cheshire

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 16:50:56 EDT 2012

On Monday, 9/3, I visited Fresh Meadows Sanctuary in Cheshire where I found
 a total of 15 species of butterflies.  The list for the day is as  follows:

Cabbage White (30)
Clouded Sulphur (6)
Orange Sulphur (1)
American Copper (1)
Red-banded Hairstreak (1)
Eastern Tailed-Blue (8)
Pearl Crescent (15)
Painted Lady (6)
Common Buckeye (2)
Monarch (1)
Wild Indigo Duskywing (2)
Least Skipper (7)
Peck's Skipper (10)
Sachem (1) (A new species for the sanctuary; given the number of Sachems on
 my lawn here at home, I figured if I was ever going to find a Sachem at
Fresh  Meadows, 2012 would be the year)
Delaware Skipper (1) (A late date; per the CT butterfly atlas,  Delaware
Skipper was infrequently found in late Aug./early Sept.  This is  the first
Delaware Skipper I personally found this late in the year.)

Lenny Brown
Wallingford